Barrie Stephen Salons, Leicestershire shortlisted to win national hair and beauty business award
Barrie Stephen Salons from Leicestershire went up against stiff competition from hair and beauty businesses across the country to be shortlisted to win a prestigious NHF/NBF Business Award for the Community Award.
Barrie’s clear dedication to the local community has secured his place in the final for the Community Award. Both Barrie and his five salons support many local initiatives and charities, most recently raising nearly £5000 for Leicester Animal Aid following Barrie’s appointment as Ambassador of the charity, as well as Barrie becoming the first ever patron of the Sir Thomas White Loan Charity, 23 years after he first applied to them for a loan to help transform a butcher’s shop in Anstey into a high-class boutique salon, with the vision of creating a sophisticated and stylish set-up to rival the services of salons established in London.
“As a local business owner, I consider myself very much part of the community, and for over a decade, myself and the team of now 70 has blended the running of a successful salon group with charitable work for a selection of local good causes, says Barrie. “With five salons within Leicestershire, each location has its own individual market and builds connections locally for each business – and those relationships run deep.”
The winner of each category in the NHF/NBF’s Business Awards will be announced at a glitzy awards evening at the St Pancras Renaissance Hotel, London on 17 November 2019. During the awards ceremony the worthy winners of the Business Awards will be revealed before a live DJ helps nominees and guests celebrate everyone’s success. The NHF/NBF’s 2019 Business Awards categories include:
- Best Independent Hair Salon or Barbershop (small, turnover below £200,000) sponsored by Premier Software
- Best Independent Hair Salon or Barbershop (large, turnover above £200,000) sponsored by Loop HR
- NEW FOR 2019: Best Independent Beauty Salon sponsored by Shedul
- Best Innovation sponsored by Global Payments
- Best Client Experience sponsored by Shedul
- Best Apprentice sponsored by VTCT
- Best New Business sponsored by Coversure Insurance Services
- Best Community Support in association with The Hairdressers Charity
- Best Front of House in association with Ellis Whittam
- NEW FOR 2019: Best Social Media sponsored by City & Guilds
- NEW FOR 2019: Best Salon Design sponsored by Shedul
- NEW FOR 2019: Outstanding Contribution to the Hair or Beauty Industry sponsored by Phorest Software
NHF/NBF President, Ian Egerton said: “Our expert panel of judges had a tough job selecting this year’s finalists from the hundreds of entries we received this year! We have continued to attract an extremely high calibre of entries ad they have gone from strength-to-strength.
“We can’t wait to showcase the success of some of the best hair, beauty and barbering businesses!”